2016 has ended and there are two things I know for certain:
1) God is faithful
2) Arizona Iced Teas are still 99 cents.
Goodbye 2016. Hello 2017!
Something happened last year that changed my life forever. I really can’t put my finger on it. All I know is I woke up wanting more fruit, drinking more water, and staying in the lane designed for me.
Even though 2016 had it’s challenges, it’s made me hopeful for the stuff God has in store for me this year.
I deliberately decided to step outside of my comfort zone this year and here’s what I got:
- God is sovereign. Even when things don’t make sense, He has you exactly where He wants you. Embrace it.
- Brazilian waxes aren’t that bad. Goodbye razors, hello Brazilians! You have changed my life forever.
- Blondes really do have more fun. I changed my name to Beyonce and everything.
- My parents are my best friends. Twenty something years later, I finally realized they’re my biggest supporters.
- Live unapologetically happy. Even when things don’t go your way, choose joy. It makes a world of difference.
- Coffee is not a meal. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s not.
- Doctors don’t have the final say. They said I benign tumor. They said she was barren. They said he wouldn’t live. Boy, were they wrong.
- The Knicks are actually good. We’re going to the Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe.
- Being single is not that bad. You can do things like work on your dreams and eat Hot Cheetos for dinner. No compuction.
- Your worth fighting for. Don’t ever let one person make you feel like you’re not worth the fight. You’re worth every ounce of it.
- Shoot your shot. Start your business. Build your blog. Sell your brand. You’re able to do these things. I believe in you.
- Failure is necessary. The key to success? Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
- Bad times don’t last. As much as it hurts, it won’t last forever. It gets better. You’ll get better. Trust me on this.
- Forgive, forgive, forgive. You do yourself a disservice when you decide to hold the grudge.
- Changing my number changed my life. New number, who dis?
- I marked Donald Trump’s Twitter as spam. Sorry POTUS I just couldn’t take it anymore.
- Read more books. I read more than I’m on social media. My vocabulary is expanding, my heads getting bigger etc.
- Embrace the chaos. Whatever your current situation is, embrace it. Cry if you have to. Scream if you need to. But don’t you dare stay there.
- Your breakup isn’t the end of the world. Let it go and move on. Totally not worth the grey hair.
- Krispy Kreme donuts are undefeated. Don’t question me on this.
365 days and one blog later here I am.
Where’s here? Here is 25 lbs lighter. Here is living life unapologetically happy. Here is reaching high for blessings with my name on it. Here is single and killin’ it. Here is embracing every chaotic thought and situation confidently knowing God is sovereign.
Here is 2017. Let’s get it.