[ AS FEATURED ON 40KFT WEBSITE ]
When they called my name at my graduation and I walked across the stage, there were two things I knew for certain:
- My heels were uncomfortable.
- I had no idea what I was going to do next.
I didn’t know what I was good at. I couldn’t figure it out. And while everyone in my class already got the hook up to lucrative jobs after graduation, I was left with excellent acting skills, swollen feet and dead-end job.
There is something about uncertainty that breeds complacency. The fear of the unknown and fear of inadequacy will tag-team and convince you that your comfort-zone is the best thing the world has to offer.
Well it isn’t.
You were born with a deep sense of purpose. Your vision has your first and last name written all over it. There is passion inside of you waiting to be ignited if you can just eliminate fear out of the equation.
You are designed for more.
Here are three steps that will help take you out the slump of complacency.
- Stop the excuses I hate to be the one to break it to you but you’re never going to have enough hours in the day. You’re always going to be too tired. The kids are never going to cooperate. Your husband is always going to want your attention. There will always be an excuse as to why you can’t chase your dreams. But until the passion inside of you overrides your excuses – your dreams and aspirations will never evolve from more than a mere thought.
- Expect failure It’s going to happen. You will wrestle with feelings of inadequacy and even question “Why the bleep am I even doing this?” Failure is necessary for character development. Failure is necessary for growth. Failure is necessary for whatever you have coming up next. Expect it. Embrace it. But don’t you stay there.
- Don’t you dare stop There will be days where the initial feeling of excitement has long gone and giving up seems like the best option. But let me remind you; no one can do it, like you. There is a specific dream designed for you to carry out and giving up will only hinder the process.
God has a funny way of using the unworthy, inadequate, nobodies and making them somebodies.
But many times, it’s us who hinder ourselves from reaching excellence.
So this leaves me with a final question:
How bad do you want it?
Download the DESIGNED FOR MORE goal tracker below and begin living the life you were designed for.